I'd like to take this early opportunity to welcome our returning families and to extend a special welcome to families who are new to LeGette this year! Our school is growing by leaps and bounds, so I'm really happy your student(s) will be able to attend LeGette.
I'm sending out an early newsletter with a lot of important information, so I hope you'll take the time to read it thoroughly.
As you all know by now, LeGette is undergoing a complete school modernization. Our project has multiple phases continuing this year, with an estimated completion date of April 2024. During each phase, there will be multiple teachers moving from one classroom to another classroom.
Here's an update on our construction:
- The office will be in the MP Room until mid- to late-September, Speech will still be in the staff room, and library books will still be checked out online and delivered to the classrooms.
- The parking lot and main office do not open until Monday, August 7.
- The new school fence has been installed.
- School will open on-time on August 10, on our regular Thursday schedule.
- The new field will be open and accessible to all students who want to play kickball or soccer.
- The ramp from Kenneth Avenue onto campus by the old Kindergarten playground will be complete, but there will still be a gate around the admin building. Path of travel is limited, so please watch for signage.
- Lunch will still be in the old MP Room, with students sitting outside as well. When it gets really hot, I will have students eat inside their classrooms.
- The following teachers will be in their new Wing A classrooms: MacBride/Hutton, Walker, Toyias, German, Gayner, Coates, and Taylor. Ms. Shanks will be in K-103. (A map is attached to this newsletter, so you can see where everyone will be located to start the year).
As of now, this is how things stand. Most folks know that with construction things can happen along the way. I will do my best to keep you informed about changes and progress.
Thank you for your patience as we go through this process. We're so fortunate to have this work take place. I know everyone will enjoy the finished school.
A couple of other reminders. Because our websites are being migrated to a new service this week, I decided to attach important documents towards the bottom of this newsletter.
- Bell Schedule for all grade levels (be sure to note the later TK start time)
- School Map (teacher room locations for the start of school)
- Grade level/teacher supply lists. If a teacher doesn't appear, a list will be coming out after school starts or simply purchase traditional back-to-school items.
Also, be sure to set aside the following nights for Back-To-School Night:
- Tuesday, August 8, 6:00 p.m., TK (in room K-106) and Kindergarten (in MP Room)
- Thursday, August 17, grades 4-6 meet 6:00-7:00 p.m. and grades 1-3 meet 7:00-8:00 (except Mrs. Chi. Her BTSN is August 16)
- The minimum day due to BTSNs will take place on August 18
Finally, I hope you'll RSVP to the Annual PTO Family Welcome Back BBQ that is being held on Monday, August 7, 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. at Miller Park (due to construction).
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me at email@example.com. I'm really looking forward to another awesome year at Earl LeGette!